Thursday, January 15, 2009

GoWear Fit (similar to Bodybugg)

Calories eaten yesterday: 1104
Fat: 19g (16%)
Carbs: 106g (39%)
Protein: 121g (45%)
Weight this morning: 131.2 (One week ago: 131.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 277

I bought the GoWear Fit "Lifestyle and Calorie Management System." It similar to the more well known BodyBugg. The selling point for me was that the GoWear Fit is Mac compatible; Bodybugg didn't used to be, but I just found out they finally made it Mac compatible. The GoWear Fit is cheaper anyway, and they offer free shipping through the end of this month.

Both systems are supposed to tell you how many calories you burn per day. I suspect my metabolism is very low due to the thyroid disease, but I can only guess at how low. Hopefully this will correct that.

I signed up for the 12 month plan - $259 upfront (for the armband, watch, and Website access), $7 a month after that, and one free month. Bodybugg is $350 upfront, but includes a 6 month subscription. Their cheapest monthly plan (12 month commitment) works out to $8.33 per month. With taxes and everything I paid $282.64 for the GoWear Fit including tax and everything.

I put it on my credit card, and paid off the current balance with my overtime. Hopefully I can pay off a good chunk of the new balance with the overtime in my next check.

I'll let you all know how I like it when it arrives!

Today's exercise was walking to the laundromat and back, then to BART, then from my stop to work, stopping at Pac N Save - an hour 36 minutes. Whew!

Tomorrow I need to get a few more groceries and cook the chicken I bought today. It's on sale this week so I'll buy more.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ordered my GoWear Fit yesterday from Amazon. They are running a deal for $200 including the watch and 3 mos online included. I hope it fits on my arm! I have close to 100 lbs to lose. I am in denial about how much I eat and how much exercise I really do (teacher!). I hope this wakes me up to reality! Good luck!

Unknown said...

The armband comes with a medium strap. They have replacement straps on their Website in small, medium, and large. So if it is too small or wears out, you have options. :)

Mine came today so watch my blog for updates on how it works. :)