Thursday, January 22, 2009

GoWear Fit a dud, bought BodyBugg

Calories eaten yesterday: 1220
Fat: 19g (14%)
Carbs: 116g (39%)
Protein: 138g (46%)
Weight this morning: 132.8 (One week ago: 131.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 29

bad dayThe GoWear Fit is a dud. I plugged it in last night. It's supposed to take 3 hours to charge; it took 4. I put it on and within 6 hours it gave me a low battery warning. (The battery is supposed to last 5-7 days!)

I called the company and they said to send it back and they would replace it. I told them I would rather have a refund. I mailed it back today without return authorization since customer service had already closed for the day. I don't work Fridays and didn't want to wait until Monday. I didn't have enough money for the postage so I borrowed some from Brad. It's being sent back the same way it got here - UPS ground. They should have it by Thursday.

I was supposed to do laundry today, but with the GoWear Fit not working and my gym having a special on the BodyBugg, I decided to get that. So I went to my gym instead of the laundromat. At first when I walked in I didn't see the display up and was worried they might not have the special anymore. But I asked at the front desk and they did so I bought it. :)

It comes out to about the same cost as the GoWear Fit. The armband is roughly $250, vs. $160 for the GoWear Fit (with a 12 month commitment). The BodyBugg comes with 6 months included. The watch/monitor is the same as the GoWear Fit - about $100. The special at the gym was that if you buy the BodyBugg armband you get the monitor for free. All together, with tax, it came to $270.79. The GoWear Fit was $282.64 with tax. SO not a huge difference.

The best I can tell the main difference is that the BodyBugg does not have reminders and does not measure sleep efficiency. I can also only log my weight once a week; GoWear Fit allows daily logging if so desired.

I will admit, the stress of today's drama got to me. I needed comfort food and craved a cheeseburger from the burger joint downstairs. I borrowed some money from someone else (Brad was already gone) and got it. But at least I asked for it with no mayo, put my own no calorie ketchup on it, and I didn't get fries or a shake, just the burger. That has to count for something.

So...I'll be back Sunday with a report of whether or not the BodyBugg works the way it's supposed to! Grrr.

Tomorrow I have an A.M. doctor's appointment and I will do my laundry after that. Saturday won't be any more restful due to the Walk For Life. I am looking forward to it and it is certainly good to do something like this on the Sabbath, but it is not restful. :-p I'll give a report of the walk Sunday or Monday.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the GoWearFit, you must have gotten a defective device. I have one, and it took ca 30 min to fully charge the first time, and I charge it about 5 min/day after data upload, and it is fully recharged again. It also seems highly accurate measuring calories spent.

Unknown said...

Sorry the GoFit didn't work for you Victoria. Hope the BodyBugg is better.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I don't know you but when I searched GoWear fit your blog came up.

I think I may have the same problem you do with the gowear... it has been charging for 3.5 hours so far.. I have unplugged it so I am waiting to see. Did yours ever flash green like it was done charging?? I am so upset about this as I live in Canada and had to get it shipped to a friend who brought it up for me. Please advise on this! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

i send you an email
my name is Lorena
and i want to know which device: bodybugg or GoWearFit do u personal recommend the most for the price?
my email is: lore_tomblin@hotmail.com
THANKS!!!

Cindy B said...

Victoria, check out Leigh Peele's site http://www.leighpeele.com. She is the author of The Fat Loss Troubleshoot.

I started out size 12 after my 3rd child. After two years on low carb/Atkins, I got down to size 4. I never could figure out how to eat maintenance. Every time I started adding carbs back in, I'd overdo it, gain the water weight back. After a few weeks, I'd go back to low carb. I did Lyle McDonald's Rapid Fat Loss (protein sparing modified fast) to get back to size 4. After that I found Leigh Peele and I've been eating balanced macros with a focus on getting the essential amounts of the macronutrients based on my estimated bodyfat and weight. I eat desert every night and between 1600 and 2500 calories per day.

I've had the GoWear Fit for a few weeks now and I like mine. I notice that every now and then it doesn't seem to take a charge. Then I'll plug it in later and it charges up to 100% very quickly.

Good luck and God bless you in your efforts.

Cindy B

Unknown said...

The gowearfit and the bodybugg are the exact same item. They are manufactured by the same company but are marketed by different means. The bodybugg is more expensive because it is marketed thru health spas and gyms. I am sorry the gowearfit did not work out for you. Did you try to send it back for a replacement? You must make sure it is fully charged before you wear it in order for the battery to maintain its charge.
Denise