Monday, January 05, 2009

Overtime and blood tests

Calories eaten yesterday: 1192
Fat: 18g (14%)
Carbs: 113g (39%)
Protein: 137g (47%)
Weight this morning: 135
Calories burned in exercise today: 28

I had to work until 3 a.m. last night - well, actually 2:30 as that is when Brad came in. But no one bothered to tell L. that she didn't have to come in. So she walks in a little before 11 pm, holding a blanket and sicker than a dog. I thought Brad had told her not to worry and that it would get covered one way or another but nope. Anyway, I sent her home and I had to stay.

I was in bed by about 3:30 and slept until my alarm went off at 10:30. I was out the door by about 11 and took the bus to the lab for my blood tests. It was almost an hour wait before I was called in. I took the bus to work from there and arrived about 1:30. I asked Brad if he wanted me to clock in early and at first he said no, but then he decided okay. So he left at about 2 pm. L. is not coming in tonight but Y. and S. are each covering 4 hours each.

So the blood tests are finally done and I can get back to regular life and start feeling good again. I was off my thyroid med for three days, then on for two days at one and a half times my normal dose, then off last night. I don't know how that will effect my tests. I also ate two servings of Cream of Wheat yesterday and don't know how that will effect my ferritin test, if at all. I'll restart the thyroid meds tonight at one and a half times my dose, then go back to my regular dosage after that.

No exercise today. I didn't know how long the wait at the lab would be so I took the bus all the way instead of walking the distance to the BART station. I got in just 10 minutes of walking from getting off the bus early and walking the rest of the way into work. I was thinking of doing more walking outside, but it is bitterly cold today.

Tomorrow I plan to sleep in. I am beat today and know I won't be up to going to the gym tomorrow.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: