Monday, December 29, 2008

Cardio and Calories

Calories eaten yesterday: 861 (no, that's not a typo)
Fat: 10g (11%)
Carbs: 105g (51%)
Protein: 76g (37%)
Calories burned in exercise today: 413

I've decided that I need to get my weight back under control. I know I have gained several pounds. I thought about doing just 30 minutes of weight training and 1 hour of cardio, but I like weight training too much so I settled for 45 minutes of each. I do the weights first because the cardio makes me too tired to do it last.

So today was my first day and I did 45 minutes of weight training followed by 20 minutes of running at 5 mph, 10 minutes at 5.2+ mph, and 15 minutes of walking at 3.5. Of course I walked to work from the BART station, 35 minutes.

Along with more cardio I am trying to cut calories to about 1200 a day, even on days I workout. I cut out my carb serving after my workouts and am only keeping the protein shake.

I went looking for liquid iron today. I checked the drugstore by the gym and the grocery store on my way to work. No luck either place. Tomorrow I'll try a couple places in San Francisco and check WalMart on my way to work.

The stuff I ordered from Amazon is coming in. The teas from Vitamin Shoppe arrived - yummy stuff. I also received four CDs with more on the way. And the used Olympus camera arrived. I tried it out, but it sucks batteries. I'm thinking about asking for a refund because it seems to be a piece of junk. The same batteries that it tells me are dead work fine in my other camera. Looks like I may need to spend some more money and get a used FujiFilm pocket camera. At least I know that's a good brand. Why oh why did I ever sell my used FujiFilm A101?!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The olympus likely uses special photo batteries (check for "photo" on the package). You can also get rechargeable ones. Seems like a very old camera model.

Arthur_of_Old said...

Yeah, now her Fuji camera is working and she can get a new camera with one of the low cost digital.

Sorry that camera is a dud Victoria.

Oh, Lord give us rest from adversity.
But, yes it is our lot to endure for your sake. Peace upon you anon. Are you a believer? Just curious.