Monday, December 01, 2008

Week 88, Day 2

Calories eaten yesterday: 1259
Fat: 22g (16%)
Carbs: 125g (40%)
Protein: 136g (44%)
Weight this morning: 134.2 (One week ago: 131.8)
Calories burned in exercise today: 332

I'm pretty happy with my calories yesterday given that I exercised so much. I need to stay under 1300 on gym days and under 1200 on non-workout days if I want to ever get this weight off. The thyroid meds don't seem to have helped my metabolism one iota.

I've felt reasonably well the last couple of days. I was wiped out after my workout yesterday but as the day progressed I felt better and while I am tired from my workout today I don't feel totally wiped out. I know the biggest problem is low ferritin which I am working on getting up. I think that if I can get my ferritin up my energy would be much better.

Today I went to the gym and did lower body and ab weight training for one hour, then hopped on the elliptical for 30 minutes. I walked to work from BART.

Tomorrow is my mail run into the City.

My current food before and after my workouts goes like this:
Breakfast is one scoop of whey protein mixed with water, and one serving of Cream of Wheat. After my gym workout I have another scoop of whey protein mixed with water, plus a 100 Calorie Pack, usually the Barnum's Animals Choco Crackers (my fave!). Then I walk to work from the train station. I'm going to see how that works out for me.

I got a compliment from this lady I see at the gym sometimes. She is overweight and seems to look up to me simply because I can do things she can't. Today she said that I was "advanced," though in truth I have seen women lift much heavier weights than I can, and do things (like pull-ups) that I can only dream of. She also said I have a "nice figure." Now that kind of compliment I like to hear. :)

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: