Thursday, December 11, 2008

Calories, money, & a little bit more on soy

Calories eaten yesterday: 1272
Fat: 21g (15%)
Carbs: 126g (40%)
Protein: 138g (44%)
Weight this morning: 128.8 (One week ago: 132)
Calories burned in exercise today: 264

I'm crazy hungry today. I hate it when this happens. My calories are way too high today. Before leaving home I was so hungry that I ate a cup of sugar-free Jello. Then at the laundromat I had two handfuls of peanut M&Ms from the candy machine - a total of 12 pieces. I looked it up on FitDay when I got home and those 12 pieces have 123 calories! Yike! I put it in my journal but I think I will stop eating those things. 10 calories per piece?!? Way too high to justify.

I did manage to get in an hour and a half of walking, including the trip to and from the laundromat. I walked down to BART, then over the bridge to Alameda and down to Central St. At that point it was getting late and I had to catch the bus. Hopefully all that walking (4.4 miles according to Walker Tracker) helped burn off all those M&Ms.

No money from Dad yet. I hope it comes today or tomorrow because I need to buy groceries if I want to eat next week. :-p As soon as I get it I am running to the bank and then the grocery store. I called Dad a couple days ago just to say hi since I never got ahold of him on Thanksgiving. I didn't even ask about the check, but he said it was in the mail.

Brad and I decided to see the 3-D Bolt movie next week when I will have more money (right after payday and the property check should be in my P.O. box). We almost never go to the movies, but we don't want to pass up something in 3-D.

I'm closing in on 10 million steps (see my badge near the top of the sidebar) and would like to make that goal by the end of the year. I did some calculations and have to walk an average of approximately 9500 steps per day, so it is indeed possible. My daily goal is higher than that so if I don't make it by the end of the month I won't have met my monthly step goal either.

Weekend plans are up in the air. We may or may not walk on Friday and Saturday. Rain is forecast all weekend. We also need to buy groceries at some point, as well as more diet soda from either WalMart or Costco. We can't do this until I get that darn check!

I'm using up some of the soy products in my kitchen, getting rid of the evil stuff. I'll make the little chocolate cakes on Saturday morning for breakfast, and make soy pizza crusts Saturday night. I told Brad to bring shredded low-fat cheese and turkey pepperoni. I'll furnish the crusts and the sauce.

As far as soy stuff that will leave just one more package of soy pizza crusts. I can't wait to get rid of it all. I'll take a little extra of my thyroid meds to make up for what soy does to the thyroid and cellular uptake. This thyroid connection is why I am cutting it out.

Soy is not safe and I urge all my readers to stop eating it. I am using what I have in my house and not buying anymore.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: