Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Iron & Ferritin

Calories eaten yesterday: 1121
Fat: 18g (14%)
Carbs: 102g (37%)
Protein: 135g (49%)
Calories burned in exercise today: 167

Walked down the the BART station to go into the City, and walked from BART to work when I got back.

Doing a little better. The more I eat the Cream of Wheat the better I feel. I've been having more days where I feel energetic and I no longer feel totally wiped out after my long workouts. With the holidays and some overtime at work I have only been making it to the gym twice a week but I have done a buttload of walking almost every day.

Next doctor's appointment in one month. I'm going to get tests a week from Friday. This means going off my iron pill for a few days (also going to cut out the Cream of Wheat) and I've decided to stop my meds two nights before. Until I can get this doctor to consent to having my TSH around 1 at least. I'm only on Levothyroxine so two days shouldn't hurt me. Once the tests are over I'll restart all of them.

I'm having Quest send me the results so that's why I'm having it done so long before the appointment. They are kind of slow with the mailing. The doc ordered ferritin, TSH, and Free T3 and T4.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: