Thursday, December 04, 2008

Keeping a Promise

Calories eaten yesterday: 1222
Fat: 21g (16%)
Carbs: 118g (40%)
Protein: 134g (45%)
Weight this morning: 132 (One week ago: 129.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 194

My weight is up again today. *sigh* I will never get this Thanksgiving weight off. :( I've cut way back on calories this week and the weight just isn't moving. I have a completely non-existent metabolism.

Did laundry today, walked there and back. When I got back from the laundromat I was shaky. I tested my blood sugar and it was 73. I needed to eat something but didn't have any calories to play with so I settled for a cup of sugar-free Jello and that seemed to help. Then I walked down to BART, but caught the bus as I felt weak from lack of food and didn't want to walk the 1.5 miles from my stop into work.

I think the Cream of Wheat is helping. I haven't felt as wiped out after my workouts this week. Yay for more energy! About 6 more weeks to go until my iron retesting.

I had big plans for tomorrow of all the stuff I need to buy but I had a ton of bills all come due at the same time, and PG&E is up right now because it's winter. So I have enough money to buy food for the coming week and that's about it. :( Don't know what I will do for groceries next week if Dad's check doesn't arrive. And I still have Christmas presents to mail...

Speaking of money, since I told Brad what I'm going to do this Saturday I can post it here. The money I got from my comp time is set aside and I'm going to finally take Brad out to dinner at the New Zealander, one of his favorite restaurants (and I like it a lot, too).

I promised him this way back in July when he cleaned my old apartment for me from top to bottom. He did a great job and saved me a lot of time and aggravation. I promised I would take him out to dinner, but never had the money. So I finally just cashed in the comp time so I can fulfill this promise. With the economy the way it is we go out to eat a lot less so this will be a special treat. I told him he could order anything he wanted.

Tomorrow we are buying groceries and walking around the lake because it's lit so we can walk after dark. Saturday we won't get any walking in because we have a special church meeting; that's why we are walking Friday. Then Saturday night Brad is driving me to Applebee's for Mochatinis and then we are having dinner at the New Zealander.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: