Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I bought an iPod Touch!

Calories eaten yesterday: 1074
Fat: 25g (21%)
Carbs: 73g (27%)
Protein: 139g (52%)
Weight this morning: 132.6 (One week ago: 132.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 190

Went into San Francisco today to check on my P.O. box. It was reopened and there were two pieces of mail in it - a piece of junk mail, and my Muscle & Fitness Hers magazine, with a cover jacket saying it was my last issue.

I remembered paying for two years not too long ago so I went through my checkbook and sure enough, I sent a check in last November for two years. When I got to work I checked my bank account and discovered that the check never cleared. It was lost in the mail or tossed out, so this is indeed my last issue. I called the number provided and paid for two more years.

On my way to work I stopped at WalMart to see if they had a fanny pack I could use for the race, and for a few other items. (I found a nice fanny pack with water bottles.) While I shopped I got a phone call from the post office. It was a man saying that I had mailed my P.O. box check to the wrong post office. He said he would remail it to the right post office. So my box is open, but the check to pay for it is still out there. *sigh*

When I got to work I went to the Apple Website. The iPod Mini I sent in is still MIA. I decided to order the new iPod Touch. It's time for a new iPod anyway. I opted for the midrange one with 16GB memory, 3500 songs, 20,000 photos, and 20 hours of video ($300). I had to get a clip case for it so I can carry it on my belt ($40). Total cost for both with tax - $372.01.

To compare, my iPod Mini had 4GB memory and held 1000 songs. It did not support photos or video. It was $250 brand new. With the armband and tax it cost me about $300 out the door. The iPod Mini is no longer being made and seems to have been replaced by the Nano.

So now I am deeply in debt again, but ready for the race at least. I have a new fanny pack and my gel packs and Gatorade (I got the G2 lower sugar kind since the gel packs have quite enough), and my iPod Touch for music. Now I just need to set aside money for pizza the night before. :)

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: