Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week 102, Day 5

Calories eaten yesterday: 1249 (gym day so I added two protein shakes)
Fat: 25g (19%)
Carbs: 79g (26%)
Protein: 171g (55%)
Weight this morning: 130.4 (One week ago: 130.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 248

me with my runner's numberHere's a photo of me with my runner's number for this year's race (May 17th). I'm so excited! Click it for a larger size.

I got a sort of compliment today from a random black guy ogling me as I walked home from the laundromat with my laundry cart in tow. It's a slight uphill grade the whole way back.

He said, "I can tell you have muscle." I just smiled and kept walking. He added, "You're small, but you got muscle." He might have said, "It's small," but I think it was "You're small." I said "thanks" and kept walking. Kinda creepy, but a compliment is a compliment. :) It feels weird being one of the few while girls in a primarily black and Hispanic city. The guys are always ogling me.

Anyway, now I'm "small" and have muscle. :)

Exercise was walking to the laundromat and back, and then from my apartment to the 7-Eleven by the bridge, then the last 10 minutes into work from the bus stop just past the airport. Walker Trackers says it's about 4.3 miles total and it took me just under 1 1/2 hours. :)

I want to give blood again now that my iron levels are where they should be. I talked to the Red Cross about their Saturday hours. They have shortened hours during May on Saturdays (closing at 2 pm), but beginning in June they will close at 3 pm. I need to wait until after the race to give blood anyway, so right now I'm thinking the first Saturday of June so Brad and I wouldn't have to leave church super early to get there.

Saturday is the best day because 1) It's my cheat day. I stuff myself with the bad snacks after giving blood. Giving blood and stuffing myself on Friday and then having a cheat day the next day is counterproductive. 2) I sometimes get lightheaded afterwords and don't want a repeat of the time I nearly passed out on the bus. If Brad is with me then I will be safe and have a ride home.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's fun being a girl with muscle, isn't it. My husband, a big guy, calls me "Brute."