Wednesday, April 01, 2009

I binged, and my Dad

Calories burned in exercise today: 318

Walked to work from my apartment. About 5.4 miles according to Walker Tracker.

I binged yesterday and ate way too much. I felt horrible. I tried Brad's warm salt water mixture so I could throw up and feel better, but it didn't work. It only made me more sick. I guess I'd had too much time to digest before I used it.

So today I am really bloated (I will have picture proof soon) and I really do look like the Pillsbury Dough Girl. I am pretty much fasting today - not hard since I'm not hungry after stuffing myself yesterday. I brought a couple servings of protein shake with me if I get hungry later. I didn't bring any other food with me.

I might as well face it - I am a compulsive overeater. Once I start I can't stop. I'll do really well for a while and then BOOM I'm stuffing my face with anything I can get my hands on. :( I've done some research and this seems to fit me the best.

Things are stressful. My sister called me this morning about Dad. He is still in the nursing home. They want to be paid and April is not sure if she should pay the bill or try to get Medicaid/Medicare to do it. Dad is worse. He now has a urinary tract infection and so far the doctor hasn't come to see him. The infection is effecting him mentally. He thinks the nursing home is kidnapping him and trying to poison him. This is not the Dad I know! He tried to stand up. He has had only one leg for the past 40 years! Of course it didn't go well and he fell to the floor.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Arthur_of_Old said...

=-(. I pray and hope things go well. I 'll help if needed.

B-n-Sad.
I prayed for you yesterday.
Hope you will feel better.
Brad

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your Dad, Victoria. I went through similar with my Mom in 1995. I made the nursing home bill Medicare. They probably all have different policies, but April could try to insist. Hope you Dad gets better soon.