Saturday, February 12, 2005

Bad eating weekend

Did terrible this weekend. After not being hungry all week, I was starving on Friday. I ate 2500 calories and 97 carbs! Ok, I can still recover Saturday and do good. Wrong! We were invited to Brent's house and I didn't think Anita (my ride to and from church) would go. I can deal with lunch since Saturday lunch always has more carbs than usual, but that's normal for Saturday lunch. However, I'm usually home for dinner and have more control. Not so today. Anita decided to go.

For snack when we arrived we had white cheddar Cheetos and apples. I was hungry and ate quite a few apple slices, and just a few Cheetos (if I *have* to eat carbs, might as well make it healthy carbs). Finally we got to dinner. They cooked spaghetti! I had some of Jane's homemade cole slaw (ok, I had a lot - it was homemade so lower in sugar), and some other kind of salad. After eating so bad for the past 36 hours my cravings were back, so I found the smallest slice of garlic bread and ate that (God, it was GOOD!). I figured I had to have some of the main course, so I broke down and had a plate of spaghetti. I put alfredo sauce on it rather than marinara (they had both) because it is lower in carbs. The spaghetti was overcooked and didn't even taste good! :(

So now my cravings are back so I've got to cut back on carbs for a few days to make them go away. I soooo wanted dessert, but I promised myself a low carb dessert when I got home. I nearly broke down though. Reading the package on the cherry cobbler helped me to stay away. Six servings per box and 50 carbs per serving!

Tomorrow I'm eating tons of meat and cheese and some veggies. My tentative menu has 42 carbs. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to try to stay away from all candy and sweets except sugar free Jello for at least a few days until I can get my cravings under control again. I learned an important lesson - 97 carbs are too much! 85-92g is doable, but on the edge of making me crave. I need to be more careful.

I'm not even going to weigh myself. I know I gained water weight from the sheer number of carbs. So I am staying away from the scale until at least Tuesday.

On a lighter note, I got myself lined up to be the speaker at church the last Sabbath in March. I'll give my story of how I became a Christian. :) Our pastor takes the last Sabbath of every month off and they need to fill the pulpit, so this is my perfect opportunity to inflict my story on everyone. ;)

Alright, off for one last fling before I put my nose to the grindstone tomorrow.

No comments: