Sunday, February 13, 2005

Speaking at church (end of March)

As many of you are aware, our pastor takes one Sabbath a month off because it's...well, he doesn't want to burn out seeing as he works 40 hours a week for a Japanese firm as a technical writer to support his family. So anyway, he get one Sabbath off, usually the last one. It's a struggle every month to pull off a service when you depend on your pastor so heavily.

Anyway, a while back someone said I should give my testimony to the church, so I offered to be the speaker for the end of March. Many of the people in the church have heard the short version, but besides some of the older kids and their Sabbath School teacher, no one has heard the long version. I also gave a short version at Conference a few years ago.

The long version ran about 23 minutes when I first gave it years ago to the woman's ministry at my old church, and I still have all my notes. here's hoping it goes well.

Oh...I checked my calendar and that Sabbath is Holy Saturday, Easter weekend.

No comments: