Sunday, February 27, 2005

A little more detail about today. I was really tired last night. I accidentally reset my clock while trying to set the alarm, so I ended up getting up at 7 a.m. Saturday morning instead of 8. Bleh. Anyway, I went to bed really early on Saturday night and slept a good 10-11 hours. I feel much better today. I forced Xena to sleep on my bed and instead of sleeping at the bottom of the bed or in her box on the bed, she curled up right next to me, so close that it was hard to turn over. :)

Got up at 9, so I could have extra time at the gym. I went to the Bayfair 24 Hour Fitness that has the lap pool. I did 20 minutes on the pedal stairmaster. I still had some spare time so I did 10 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 mph (a nice fast walking pace, but not too fast). Gotta burn those calories from the ice cream yesterday. I sweated so much.

Then I stripped off my workout clothes and my swimsuit was beneath. I went into the pool. Swam around for about 25 minutes, then got in the whirlpool for 10 minutes, then back to the pool for another 10 minutes. I was only going to do 30 total, but I went for 35 because, again, I need to burn the calories from the ice cream. By this point I could feel myself getting tired. The whole thing is more cardio than I am used to. Back in the whirlpool for another 10 minutes, then step on the scale in the women's dressing room, then strip down and get dressed in my civilian clothes. ;) I had an Atkins shake for the protein content while I walked back to the BART station.

A great day at the gym. I love swimming, even if it's boring lap swimming, and then I get to end the workout with the whirlpool. :) I can't swim, but I can dog paddle and float on my back and the pool is so shallow I can walk from end to end.

No comments: