Wednesday, February 02, 2005

No longer obese!

My diet is coming along great. Dropped a pound today which put me one pound under my previous low. I'm 162 as of this morning. :) I feel great. My tummy hardly sticks out at all when I'm standing. One (overweight) lady at work commented on my flat tummy. :)

I've lost 46 pounds as of today. I still eat fairly low carb, but discovered that upping my carbs to 70-90g a day and having a piece of fruit gave me more stamina at the gym. I'm actually beginning to like fruit. Now that I've gotten rid of the refined carbs the fruit actually tastes sweet!

My weight bounces around a lot, but I'm okay with it. Over time the general trend is downward - in December I lost 3.25 pounds, and in January 3 pounds. I can live with that. Slow and steady wins the race. At that rate I'll be at goal in about 3 months. [Later note: Goal back then was 155. My current goal is 140.]

Thank you Dr. Atkins! I have my life back. :)

No comments: