Sunday, February 20, 2005

Speaking at church (end of March), take 2

Talked to pastor about how it was scheduled for Easter weekend and did he want to change that? I told him it didn't really matter to me, that if he had something special planned that Sabbath that I would totally understand. In the end he decided to take that weekend and bump me up to the weekend previous - the Saturday before Palm Sunday.

I get to pick the songs but it was suggested that along with "All Glory, Laud, and Honor" - a typical Palm Sunday song - that I also include some Good Friday songs, since by the next service we'll already be past Good Friday. So I get to pick the songs, but due to Palm Sunday and Easter week, I pretty much need to pick those type songs.

This is the only time during the year when going to a Sabbath keeping church feels weird. All the church festivals are always on Sunday and so we're always a day ahead, or in the case of Good Friday, a day behind. Sabbath worship on Easter weekend always feels weird to me. We usually do one or two Good Friday songs, and a couple Easter Sunday songs. It's just feels so schizophrenic to me somehow. It's also the one time during the year when I am sure to attend Sunday services, for Palm and Easter Sunday, as well as Good Friday as I have that day off work.

No comments: