Monday, October 09, 2006

5 mile run

1 days cheat freeI am so NOT getting on the scale after yesterday's binge. My cheat free count starts over. The funny thing is that the food didn't taste as good as I'd remembered it. It was good, sure, but not as good as I'd hoped.

I "punished" myself at the gym today by running 5 miles to help burn off the glycogen. The first four miles were as easy as four miles is (LOL!), but the last mile went on forever and was pure torture. How can one mile last longer than the other four combined?!?

As if that wasn't enough, I then walked to work from the train station, another 1.5 miles. It took me longer than usual, though, because I was so tired. I'm now exhausted. Still doing "laps" in the hallways at work, but it's harder than usual.

FitDay says I burned 417 calories in my run, and 95 calories in my walk, though I suspect it might be more because I haven't updated my weight due to all my binging, and a higher weight means more calories burned.

Today's my first day of eating a regular lunch of meat and veggies instead of a shake. I figured out I can still keep my calories within a reasonable range if I don't snack between lunch and "dinner." Dinner being a salad at 10 pm, a serving of lunchmeat and two tablespoons of peanut butter (only one tablespoon today, though) at 9 pm.

Walked over 20,000 steps yesterday (about 9.2 miles)! A new high for me! :) Breaking 20,000 was my goal, just to prove I could. I'm shooting for about the same today. I'll sleep well tonight!


Click to enlarge.

I found out my pedometer is not calibrated correctly. After my 5 mile run it only registered 4.23 miles, and this includes the 1000+ steps I took before ever getting to the gym. That is not an insignificant difference! I went into the set up feature and tweaked my stride length up one more inch. I really need to work on calibrating it correctly using a walking pace on the treadmill.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

PJ said...

You've inspired me. I can't really walk a lot, but even just "movement" at the moment is good at my weight. I bought the kind of pedometer you have at amazon.com. My theory is if I just track my steps/motion in general for a few days, then I can set a level a little above that to try to meet as a goal, and each day try to go a few steps farther, even if it means pacing my driveway a few times haha.

Unknown said...

There's a couple good sites: America on the Move and WalkerTracker.

http://aom.americaonthemove.org/
They have a daily e-mail with fitness tips.

http://walkertracker.com/
A place to track daily steps and miles.