Friday, October 27, 2006

Dentist Day, take 6

Thursday weight: 144
Calories eaten yesterday: 1663
Calories burned in exercise: 107
Fat: 84g (47%)
Net carbs: 47g (12%)
Protein: 122g (31%)

Friday weight: 148

I had the oral surgery yesterday. This was complete with stitches. I have to go back in a week to get them removed. The doctor was very nice and knew how to apply the topical anathetic in the best way and how to reduce the pain of the lidocaine injections so there would be minimal pain. I'm starting to lose some fear.

I lost track of how many shots he gave me - maybe 4 or 5 vials in 6 or 7 injections. He said it was fine for me to come back in January for the other half, that a lot of insurance providers do this. He stuck some kind of gummy substance where the stitches were to help them heal better. He said the stuff may or my not last the week and it was no big deal if they came out. They said to go easy on brushing the area, don't use the dental pick brush on those teeth, and no chewing gum for a week. :(

pill bottleThey gave me 16 tablets of a pain prescription of 7.5mg Vicodin and 750mg acetaminophen. $10, dispensed on site. I'm going to save a couple tablets out for my second surgery in January. Yesterday I dosed up on Ibuprofen before my appointment, but I think the Vicodin might be stronger.

The pain isn't too bad, but I am taking the Vicodin as needed. Brad is taking me gorocery shopping this afternoon; I hate to think how humugeous the grocery bill will be. This is going to be a big shopping trip - all the regular stuff, plus stocking up on the heavy stuff such as wine, soda, and cat litter. My steps yesterday were pretty horrible, so I am hoping to walk around the lake with Brad to get some exercise and help redeem today's step count.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Photo courtesy Geek Philosopher.

No comments: