Monday, October 23, 2006

Of salad dressing and blood types

15 days cheat freeCalories eaten yesterday: 1499
Fat: 73g (47%)
Carbs: 44g (12%)
Protein: 103g (29%)
Calories burned in exercise: 260

The name necklaces for Mom and my Vickitim arrived today, as did my medication (I order through a Canadian company as I don't have insurance). My doormat at home is wearing out; I stumbled across one at WalMart that says "Wipe Your Paws" and bought that. They have 20 pounds dumbbells there for about $12! I think I will buy one. Sometimes I just don't have time to get to the gym and this way I could do my arm curls at home.

My salad dressing bottle exploded over my salad today, resulting in a whole lot more calories than I planned. The nozzle popped out when I squeezed the bottle and there was no way to undo the damage. *sigh* I took a wild guess about how much got onto the salad, but I had to subtract another food to make up for at least a few of the calories. Grrr...I always carefully measure my dressing out so I know how many calories I'm eating.

My blood donor card from the Red Cross came today, along with a letter and a reminder of the next date I can donate - October 27. This is, of course, assuming they will let me with my gums still infected and me not being able to get all the work done until Janaury. I do plan to make an appointment for November 3, even if they reject me. We will see. If they take me, it will be a cheat day. They have delicious carby treats afterwards and I don't want to pass them up this time.

One interesting stat: only 30% of first time donors come back a second time. That's really sad!

Oh, my donor card confirmed that I did remember my blood type correctly from when I gave as a teenager. I am A Positive.

At bloodbook.com I found this:

TYPES DISTRIBUTION RATIOS

O + 1 person in 3 - 38.4%
O - 1 person in 15 - 7.7%
A + 1 person in 3 - 32.3%
A - 1 person in 16 - 6.5%
B + 1 person in 12 - 9.4%
B - 1 person in 67 - 1.7%
AB + 1 person in 29 - 3.2%
AB - 1 person in 167 - 0.7%

As you can see, O+ is the most common, with A+ coming in second. AB- is the rarest.

Walked over 15,000 steps yesterday. My average has been about 12,000 a day.


Click to enlarge.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad W Says:


Low carb resource for food and goodies.
http://www.kickthecarbz.com

Almooost 1,000,000 steps. Getting close. Moving more quickly than I thought you would. You are one moving
Lady. In more ways than one...=-)

Cindy Moore said...

Good for you for donating!! My company sponsors donations every 2 months and I've been donating thru them. It only takes a few minutes!!!

Anonymous said...

Brad W says:

Just thought about your blood type fits you well! A+ person and life...Hope I can live up to my blood type A+ too......B--rad!!!=-D

You are an inspiration and good influence....Good heart with Good head on your shoulders..Good combo..
Annnnd soooooooo slim!!!