Sunday, October 29, 2006

Angry and tired

Saturday weight: 149.8

As you can see, I am once again a fat pig. I didn't even get on the scale this morning, knowing I'd be over 150. I ate on plan, just didn't count calories. And what happens? I start gaining about 2 pounds a day. Yep, my body hates me.

Did you all remember to set your clocks back one hour? I didn't. So I woke up at the equivalent of 8:30 and it took my an hour to realize my mistake. Maybe I'll skip the gym tomorrow (which would be just cardio since I did weights today) and sleep in instead.

I am in a really bad mood today and won't suffer fools (like the idiot on the low-carb forum who thinks all depression can be cured by getting to the root cause and that no one needs to stay on medication). It's fools like him who I wish could walk in my shoes and try everything and nothing works until medication. He's new there. Maybe he'll go away. One can hope.

But anyway, I'm not in the mood for pontificating idiots and likely to have a sharper tongue than usual.

I'm still in pain from the oral surgery. I think I need to stop the Vicodin; I think it's the reason I'm so tired. I'll just take Ibuprofen if it means getting my energy back. I go back on Friday to have the protective "wax" covering removed from my gums and the stitches taken out.

Second half of the oral surgery is in January. Sometime after that I can get the teeth whitening. I can't wait until I am healthy and all this surgery is OVER. I'm sick of foot doctors and teeth doctors. Just give me my depression meds and let me live a normal life.

At least the periodontist was good. I liked him and he made the whole thing as painless as possible so it could have been a whole lot worse than it was.

vegetable casseroleHere's the veggie casserole I made for the church potluck this week. Click on the pic to enlarge it.

Recipe: 1/2 package frozen broccoli, 1/2 package frozen cauliflower, 1 can cream soup (any kind), 8 oz. cream cheese. Mix soup and cream cheese, add frozen veggies. Place in 8x8 dish and bake uncovered at 375 for 1 hour. That's it! And the taste is fantabulous!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brad W says:


Hope you get to felling better.

squeeezy hugs

Anonymous said...

Closing in on that million steps and beyond. Makes me think of Toy Story and Buzz Light year..."To infinity and beyond".

I feel like Woody because he is the Cowboy. I identified to him.
Well, more hugs...see ya later.

B---RaD!

Anonymous said...

*chuckles* Fat? From a 2 lb. gain? Sweetheart, just take a moment to breathe. I think you are being too hard on yourself. Aside from that, the chances of you honestly putting on 2 lbs. of FAT in one day is miniscule. It is far more likely to be a little water weight. Have you been as diligent at drinking all of the water that you should? :o )

Anonymous said...

I ran across you on the lowcarb forum. I really apprecaite your comments.......you look great!

It does look like we will have to disagree on a few moral issues, but other than that I always look forward to your comments. I have the utmost respect for people like you who are very perceptive and who reflect on life and their religion intently and with devotion.

Good luck with the whole oral surgery thing! People often don't realize how important it is to go, even if it does cost $$$, at least every two years or so. Having good teeth can add years to your life.....just think of an old cat, they really go downhill when they have teeth problems!

Lira said...

*hugs*

pendell said...

"I start gaining about 2 pounds a day. Yep, my body hates me.
"

Wait just a minute ...

a pound is approximately 3500 calories. So unless you've been eating 7000 calories a day (which you have not), there's no way you can be gaining 2 pounds a day. It must be water or something.

Respectfully,

Brian P.