Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Meters & test strips & lancets, oh my!

Accu-Chek lancet deviceRead this blog post yesterday, which inspired me to want to test my blood sugar more often. So I bought the lancet device pictured to the left off e-bay. I am currently bidding on test strips.

I'm back to using my food journal again today, trying to keep fat high and carbs super low and calories under 1850 since that seems to be about maintenance for me.

Today I ran into the City, found the new location of the bank where I have a savings account, took out the $50 in it (leaving the $5 needed to keep the account open), and took the money to the bank with my checking account. Then I went to Macy's to exchange the watch that Millie gave me during Thanksgiving vacation at April's. The watch she gave me was too big and not adjustable so I exchanged it for one that is. Unfortunately, when I tried it on, it was too big, even with the extra link removed. Guess I'll be going back again! Argh!

Then I checked my P.O. box. My National Weight Control Registry questionnaires came today! Yike there's a lot of paperwork to fill out. I just have to keep reminding myself that I am doing this for the good of low-carb. (There are not enough low-carbers in the registry, so sign up!) They said "thank you for joining" so I guess I'm in!

diabetes test kitE-bay bidding is only going so-so. I don't want to win ALL the items I bid on. I only need to win two of the four auctions. So far I won one - a diabetes test kit with a meter (see photo - click to enlarge); this is one of the two I needed to win. I asked the seller exactly what was in the kit, but I got no response. The picture shows a lancet device and a meter, plus some unknown items in the pocket. I guess I will find out when it arrives.

I did find a description elsewhere online and this is the list of what's included, which may or may not match what I get:

True Track meter with battery
10 True Track Smart System Blood Glucose Test Strips
Lancing Device
10 Sterile Lancets
owner's booklet
Compact Carrying Case
Self Test Log Book
quick reference guide

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: