Monday, November 06, 2006

Miscellany

29 days cheat freeCalories eaten yesterday: 1589
Fat: 76g (45%)
Carbs: 50g (13%)
Protein: 114g (30%)
Calories burned in exercise: 273

Whew. Lots happened today.

First, tomorrow is voting day. Please remember to vote! In my opinion, you have no right to complain about the state of government if you aren't doing the most basic thing to change it - voting! So get out there and get your voice heard. Gay marriage is on the ballot in 8 states (thankfully, California already dealt with that one). Here the big thing is "Jessica's Law," dealing with pedophiles and other child sexual predators.

I'm Republican and I received in my mail a voting booklet telling me how I should vote. It was interesting to go through the booklet and see where I differed with my party, and where I agreed. For example, they told me to vote yes on all the bond issues to help "Rebuild California." Yeah, rebuild it and bankrupt it. My Libertarian father taught me one important thing - always vote no on bonds. While I don't vote no 100% of the time, I am this time.

I agreed with my party to vote yes on Jessica's Law, and no on the property tax increase. I disagreed with them about voting no on the cigarette tax increase and taxing the oil companies to fund research into alternative energy.

As for public offices, without candidate statements I am more or less stuck voting party lines, with one exception. My Assembly district only has two people running, neither of them Republican, and I do have candidate statements for them. I'm voting for the Peace and Freedom guy on that one, mostly because he advocates raising the minimum wage and is against the death penalty.

Okay, that's my little voting day spiel.

My packet of information for instructions on joining the National Weight Control Registry came today. I'm pretty sure I'm eligible, but the information I send back will determine that. They wanted proof of my weight loss, either contact information from a doctor or photos. I dug up a couple photos and printed them out in black and white, then taped them to a sheet of paper. I hope that's good enough. There's no color printer at work.

I've having trouble with my IRA. Seems I've exceeded the amount I'm allowed to add each year. They are holding the last couple checks at the bank, and I have two more in my possession. Argh! I have to go down to the bank tomorrow and figure out what can be done. This is money I swore to Dad I would not touch and I intend to honor that, so I can't just deposit it in my checking account and treat it like free money.

My gums are healing nicely. Yesterday as I ate my salad I suddenly realized that I was chewing on both sides of my mouth! So my gums are definitely getting better.

I walked over 15,000 steps yesterday, but I'm tired of taking pictures so no pedometer photo today.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking at you voting statements. I am amazed. It is scary if someone is close to the voting line you have.

=-O

B---rad not Boor---at.=-D

Anonymous said...

Your Avatar that is up for display today is "just right"!
It reflects you more as you are.

But, no matter what you or any friend of mine looks like...You are of great value and a pleasure to know.
The good thing about you is that you are true to yourself. You do not misrepresent yourself. Too bad politicians are not like that. Vote today. B---rad