Thursday, November 16, 2006

5 days cheat freeWeight: 143.4
Calories eaten yesterday: 1598
Fat: 71g (42%)
Carbs: 54g (14%)
Protein: 122g (32%)
Calories burned in exercise: 87

Felt pretty good at the gym today. Did 45 minutes of weights. Thought I'd do 30 minutes on the stationary bike, but I am kicking myself because I forgot to clip my pedometer to my sock. I didn't realize it until I'd been pedaling for 20 minutes! So that's 20 minutes of aerobic steps lost! Grrr. Wrapped up with 26 minutes of walking on the treadmill and drinking my protein shake. FitDay says 300 calories, so not bad!

Brad is supposed to pick me up after my chiropractic appointment tomorrow and we're going to walk around the lake. That should help give me a good step count. It takes me 6600-6700 steps to get around the lake. Then Brad and I will go to my house and I'll feed him something while I eat what's on my menu.

Saturday Brad will also come over. As many of you know, Saturdays are mini cheats for me - low-carb foods only, but I eat too much of them, and have a few treats such as whole wheat bread, low-carb ice cream, and berries. And way too many peanuts off the snack table at church. ;) I asked Brad to bring a bag of spicy pork rinds and cottage cheese with him. Yummy. I can't have potato chips (pure carbs!), so pork rinds are the next best thing. They are an acquired taste, but I actually do like them now. And the spicy ones dipped in cottage cheese are to die for. Knowing Brad he'll be content to just let that be his dinner. He's a true Texan and loves his pork rinds.

I'm making vegetable casserole for the church potluck this week. I'll do that tonight maybe because I was a really good girl this week - I got the ground chicken cooked yesterday afternoon before work. Plus, last night I packed dinners for the three days I'm working next week and the four days I'm working the next week after I come back from Thanksgiving in Seattle. And I still have a ton of ground chicken - all cooked - left over. My freezer is pretty packed right now; I am set for quite a while. :)

Anyway, I should actually be able to relax tonight other than making the casserole, and all my recipes are a piece of cake because I'm so lazy, lol. Hopefully I'll get the first of my recipes (flax bread) posted this weekend.

My health club is closing for three days over the holidays. This totally sucks. Last year they only closed for Christmas Day, with shortened hours the other days. I don't care about the closing on Thanksgiving, but they are also closed all day on Christmas eve day, and I would have gone in that day. Guess I'll be working out at home. They told me they would be open new year's eve and new year's day, so I can go in then at least. I gotta have my exercise fix!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Don Q. said...

Welcome to the Knights of the Round Bottoms. I have listed you as a noble quester. All you need for full full membership is to choose a title. Until such time, I've list you as Carb Addict, Esquire.

Good luck on the last 6 pounds and I can't wait to find out what it means to be an ex-witch.

Anonymous said...

B W : says

Dhuit, V and I 've got two bags of spicy pork rinds and cottage cheese...=-P
Is it right and proper to say we will Pig out on pork rinds.=-D