Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Vacation, Day 2

Dad & Millie eat breakfastDad & Millie eat breakfast (click to enlarge) -->

Thanksgiving Day

Breakfast was more or less a fend for yourself affair. I had way too much low-carb bread, some with peanut butter and some with low-fat cream cheese. April stocked her fridge with non-fat which is much higher in sugar. Bleh. Glad I bought low-fat at the store. I had also bought heavy cream to make the chocolate cheesecake, and discovered the joy of putting it in coffee.

Sometime after breakfast I asked Dad if I could use his glucose meter to test my blood sugar, just for kicks. I ended up having to use Millie's. It was 129 (or possibly 119?) - normal for after eating. Tomorrow I want to check my fasting glucose.

Lunch was something carby, so I made myself a big bowl of Dreamfield's pasta with no-sugar-added pasta sauce. It was good.

April and I went to Fred Meyer to buy me underwear because because I forgot to pack any (!!!). I also got a thermal undershirt. It is so cold here.

Thanksgiving dinner was around dinner time - much later than traditionally. I had a slice of low-carb bread with real butter instead of a white roll with margarine. I had turkey of course, and even some not-really-legal gravy (very little). I had one bite of cranberry sauce, but NO stuffing and NO mashed potatoes. It was even much of a temptation. It was no big deal. Yay! I have some veggies and plenty of my cauliflower "potato" dish.

We had dessert later and I and Millie had the sugar-free chocolate cheesecake I made. Dad had 1/2 a slice of mine and 1/2 a slice of pumpkin (full sugar). He wanted more of mine :-) but I told him no. He's gaining weight and doesn't need more sweets, diabetic-friendly or not.

I helped April walk the dogs twice, morning and night. That really helped my step count. It's the only exercise I get here.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , ,

No comments: