Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving Vacation, Day 3

coffee break<-- we take shelter from the cold in a coffee shop after shopping at Pike's Place (click to enlarge)

Before breakfast I got Millie to check my fasting blood sugar just for kicks. It was 84, a bit lower than normal for me. It's probably because of the extra carbs I'm eating. The more carbs I eat, the lower my fasting blood sugar. I guess that's what happens when Atkins resensitizes your cells to insulin.

Breakfast was waffles with berries and southwestern style eggs. I had low-carb bread with peanut butter and cream cheese (one of each), a South Beach wrap, berries, and some of the eggs.

Then we went to Pike's Place and shopped. Because it was crowded I had to shuffle and the pedometer didn't count any steps.

After this we went to Tully's coffee shop nearby to warm up with lattes. I had a small latte, no foam, with low-fat milk and sugar-free caramel syrup. The milk wasn't strictly legal, but this is vacation and I did get a small. I ate the Atkins bar I brought with me.

After that we drove out to Snoqualmie Falls and took some pictures. Dad wanted me to see it.

After the falls we went to a shopping center and I got Dad to buy me a strapless bra with clear straps to attach (something I have wanted for a while). I bought long fitted workout pants, something I've been looking for since it's too cold to wear my bicycle shorts to the gym.

Then we finally headed home for dinner. April invited over Michelle and her husband husband and Satin and her husband. I ate turkey and veggie leftovers (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) and drank too much wine. Then I had coffee with heavy cream and sugar-free syrup and my sugar-free chocolate cheesecake. Someone brought macadamia nuts and I ate way too many of those.

Before bed I jogged in place for 18 minutes to get my steps as high as I did (7082 steps).

I've been eating too many carbs from sugar free candies and low-carb bread and toppings. I definitely need to do an all meat day to detox when I get home. The extra carbs are making me tired and not feel as good.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , ,

No comments: