Sunday, November 12, 2006

My crazy weekend

Friday weight: 142
Calories eaten Thursday: 1774
Fat: 83g (44%)
Carbs: 48g (11%)
Protein: 122g (29%)
Calories burned in exercise: 86

Friday and Saturday were off plan, so I only have Thursday to report. As you can see I got back to my original goal of 142 Friday morning. I am way up right now of course, but I am getting closer and overall losing weight, albeit ever so slowly.

giving bloodThe blood donation Friday went okay. I attached a pic. I have decided that being honest and upfront only causes problems, so next time I am not going to mention my problems getting lightheaded. This time I had to argue with first the lady taking the blood and then a nurse also and convince them that I would be okay. They said I had a history of passing out (once - 15 years ago!) and that it gets worse every time (it's gotten BETTER each time). Geez. It's just not worth it. The nurse also said I was "small." I assume she means I get lightheaded because my bodyweight is so low? Hello! The minimum body weight for giving blood is 110 pounds. I am well over that. And while I've been called a lot of things in my life, "small" is not one of them. I guess I should take that as a compliment, but I was too caught up in the argument at the time to care. A lot of the people who worked there were fat; maybe they have a skewed idea of "small"?

When they asked me how I was doing during the donation I lied and said I was fine even though I was a bit lightheaded. I filled the bag pretty fast. The woman looked at it and said, "Wow, you're almost done. That was fast."

I felt okay after the donation and ate a bunch of carby snacks. Then I went home, taking the 11 bus and getting off early and walking the 15 minutes home. I felt really good at that point - all the sugar in my bloodstream gave me a burst of energy.

hanging outFriday night I went out to dinner with Brad, Lisa, and Davina at Applebee's. We had appetizers, our meals, drinks, and dessert. Expensive, but I don't go out often. I felt fine until I ate dessert and all of a sudden I was lightheaded and nauseous. I went into the bathroom and sat in the wheelchair stall on the tiled floor just in case I had to throw up, but after a while I started to feel better again. Davina checked on me.

After dinner we walked around the mall for a while and took silly pictures. Check out the pictures Lisa and I took.

Saturday Brad picked me up after church and took me home. I fed him some healthy food (low-carb of course) and then he needed to leave because I was wiped out. I ate some more after he left, took a long nap, then got up and ate some more, then brushed my teeth and went to bed for the night.

I think part of the tiredness was 1) getting up earlier than I wanted Friday and Saturday, 2) giving blood, and 3) eating high carb food Friday and some Saturday as well. Eating a lot of carbs makes me tired. Once I get the carbs out of my system I should feel better.

Had to get up early this morning to be at work by 11 for my 12 hour shift. :-p I badly need the extra money for bills.

I made my 1 million step goal on Friday! It took me 81 days. I am now in the 1 million step Hall of Fame at Walker Tracker. My next goal will be 2 million steps and then 1,000 miles.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

B---rad! Says:


Heyyyyy,You diiid it. 1,000,000 steps.

Another goal done and another goal to go. 1 billion steps. Just 2500 months
999 million steps to goal.=-)

Should I think more realistically! I aim high. =-D