Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Prop. 8, my low ferritin, and upcoming insanity

Calories eaten yesterday: 1260
Fat: 21g (15%)
Carbs: 112g (36%)
Protein: 152g (49%)
Weight this morning: 131 (One week ago: 133)
Calories burned in exercise today: 194

Before I say anything else, let me urge everyone to get out and vote on Nov. 4, and if you live in California, please vote YES on Prop. 8.

I was sent a link to this video that talks about Prop. 8 and its ramifications to all people in California and the rest of the country. Don't think that just because you don't live in California, Prop. 8 won't effect you because as California does, the rest of the country will eventually follow. The video is well worth watching no matter which state you live in.

Ok, moving right along...

I'm still trying to attack this iron problem. Today and tomorrow I'll try 2 servings of Cream of Wheat. Today I had it for breakfast and snack. Tomorrow I will use it as my carb serving after my workout, and a snack. So far no bloating from eating it, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Calcium inhibits iron absorption and I have been eating a cottage cheese with extra calcium. The whey protein I have is pretty high in calcium, but that can't be helped.

Today I went out and bought some fat free cottage cheese that is much lower in calcium. Also, between the non-fat cottage cheese and the Cream of Wheat (which is also fat-free), that will get my fat down, a good thing in a post-workout snack. Fat slows down digestion and you want fast digestion after a workout.

Next time I go into the doctor I'm going to ask him to hold off on any more blood tests for now. Give me a chance to see what I can do to get the levels up since I made lots of mistakes in the beginning, such as taking my calcium and iron pills together. I'm also going to ask that my thyroid meds be raised, preferably to 100mcg. I don't think the 75mcg I'm on is enough for me, but don't feel I need labs run. Give me 100, give me time to stabilize on that, and then rerun them.

Today I walked to BART, took BART into the City to get my mail, took BART back, and walked to work from where I got off.

Tomorrow is my last personal training session.

This coming weekend is going to be insane. S. at work finally picked out the two half shifts I can have and of course she picked two Saturdays. So I will be working 7 pm-11 pm this Saturday, and Saturday December 20.

The problem with this Saturday is that P. is taking Sunday off so I am filling half his shift, meaning I have to be back at work at 11 a.m. I see no gym sessions in my future next week. I'll need a couple of days to recover from that lack of sleep.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

No comments: