Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Personal Training, Session 3 & Cheat Days

Calories eaten yesterday: 1199
Fat: 28g (21%)
Carbs: 92g (30%)
Protein: 149g (49%)
Weight this morning: 131.6 (One week ago: 132.4)
Calories burned in exercise today: 262

I had session 3 of my personal training today with Meka. She's a black girl I have never noticed before. I was put with her because the trainer I started with is no longer with 24 Hour Fitness. She was good, but didn't push me hard enough. I think she was feeling me out though and our last session next week might be very different.

She wanted to focus on lower body, but I wanted to do more upper body stuff so we did and I learned a couple things along the way. This is my favorite part of personal training - learning stuff I can incorporate into my workouts. I told her what William had told me to do as far as sets and reps.

---

Here is part of an e-mail that I wrote to someone who e-mailed me. This section is about cheat days:

About cheat days:

They don't last all weekend, just one day. For me, that's Saturday. I have tried to stick to plan and count calories that day and it just doesn't work because I have church that day and they have snack out to eat and a potluck lunch every week. It was driving me crazy to sip a protein shake while everyone else ate lasagna and mac n cheese, etc. What I normally do now is load up on the peanuts and some of the other snacks and then wash dishes instead of eat lunch. I will have a small serving of something bad if I like.

I don't normally have pizza and Mudslides and other similar stuff that day. Lately I have been craving more bad stuff and my hunger has been out of control. I think the craving for bad stuff is because I'm allowing too many carbs in my diet, which gives me cravings, and the hunger is from my newest medication. My Celexa (been on this for 5 years) makes me hungry, but the thyroid med I recently started on has just sent my appetite into overdrive. I was okay on the the 50mcg, but going up to 75mcg has made me ravenous and it sucks. I'm told this is a common reaction to thyroid meds.

I know I have to get the cravings under control and not give in to my appetite to restore sanity to these cheat days. I don't recognize the person I have been lately, especially the last few weeks. I have done sane cheat days before and that's the real key is keeping them sane. I seem to have lost my mind lately on cheat days.


Lately my cheat days have been more like binge days and that is unacceptable.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , ,

No comments: