Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Life, & my reply to "Anonymous"

Calories eaten yesterday: 1203
Fat: 25g (19%)
Carbs: 109g (36%)
Protein: 138g (46%)
Weight this morning: 132.2 (One week ago: 130.6)
Calories burned in exercise today: 206

Crap. I'm up a half pound from yesterday. It must be the Cream of Wheat I had for breakfast yesterday. :(

I logged into my checking account today to see how my balance was and learned something new. In 1997 Great Western (my bank at that time) merged with Washington Mutual, and now Washington Mutual is merging with Chase! Changes, changes. Looks like Washington Mutual failed. The Wikipedia entry on Washington Mutual is up-to-date and provides a bit more information.

I'm still not feeling 100% yet and still taking the Zicam, but it's the first of the month so I have a new monthly step goal to make. To get my steps up I left my house, walked down to the 50 bus, and started walking the route. I made it all the way to Alameda Towne Center (formerly Southshore Mall)! Fitday says 3.6 miles and it took me about 1 1/4 hours. :)

Tomorrow is laundry and Friday Brad and I will go walking, so I guess I'll make it to the gym just once this week.

-----

To the anonymous person who was too cowardly to sign their own name and left a nasty comment (which was deleted - you must sign your name and their are tactful ways to make a point): the "cocktails" - indeed most of what I bought that day - was paid with cash from vacation days I had already cashed in for the express purpose of having a day off! "All those cocktails" were on my one vacation day - my one and only vacation day out of 365 days!

People who get a regular vacation each year don't understand how important that one day was to me. That was my entire vacation, dear Anonymous, for the entire year. But I understand. You also don't believe that I deserve even one vacation day in a whole year.

Try looking at the whole picture before you go casting stones. Is this the way you treat people in real life?

Technorati tagged: , , , , , ,

No comments: