Monday, June 22, 2009

Time For A Solid Plan

Calories eaten yesterday: 869
Fat: 18g (19%)
Carbs: 60g (28%)
Protein: 115g (53%)
Calories burned in exercise today: 402

I have got to get control of my eating. I am totally out of control. I think I need to do a more Atkins-type diet and stay away from the carbs even on Saturday. Eat just the peanuts on the snack table for example and stay away from the Cheese-It's and trail mix and fruit and nuts mix and cut back to just one granola bar. When I wake up in the middle of the night on Friday night, have a low-carb snack that I can reach for.

I suck and am gaining weight again. It's time to get back to basics and break this carb addition again!

So...

No more candies,
No more cakes,
No more sweets,
No more mistakes.

I went to the gym today and did one hour of weight training and 40 minutes on the crossramp elliptical. I walked into work from BART and stopped at the grocery store on the way for some salad. Tomorrow I plan to go into the City to check my mail.

We have new lockers at my gym. They closed the locker room all weekend and tore out the old metal lockers and in plastic lockers made to look like wood. Very solid and stylish. I like them. :)

There's an older guy at the gym named John who I sometimes chat with (old enough to be my father kind of old!). I told him I started Armour a week ago. He said I looked better, more energetic. I doubt that's really true, but I need to write it down anyway. Hopefully the T3 really is helping me.

An anonymous person posted a comment on yesterday blog entry and asked why I binged. It's actually a very good question and worth putting some serious thought into. A great part of it is how much I restrict during the week. By the time Friday rolls around I'm starved. But if I eat more during the week I can't lose weight. :(

The real problem is a true physical addiction to carbs and that addiction has to be faced and broken. So I have decided that if I get into a hungry binge mode I will eat fat and/or protein, but not carbs.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

monka said...

Hi, I stumbled across your Feb 27 2006 entry when I Googled "carbs are essential for." I know nothing about thyroid disease and how it may affect your body's ability to specifically process carbohydrates, but I have always known that carbs are essential for proper brain function and psychological health. (We women don't crave chocolate and carbs for no reason! =P ) I'm almost positive you've heard this all before, but just in case you didn't, this was the first article that showed up in my Google search: http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2004/carbs.html
I hope it is of some use to you =) And good luck!