Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Week 105 (again), Day 3

Calories eaten yesterday: 766
Fat: 13g (15%)
Carbs: 49g (26%)
Protein: 109g (59%)
Calories burned in exercise today: 204

Nothing much to report for Tuesday. Mom's check to replace my bus and BART passes came Monday. I deposited it Tuesday and then went up to Safeway to buy new passes. My Commuter Checks also came in Monday, so I used those also. After that I walked down to the train station and then over to the 7-Eleven by the bridge. About 1 hour and 10 minutes total. Every step is still painful and the top of my right foot is still swollen.

I'm hoping to go to the gym Wednesday. I need to talk to a specific person about my lost membership pass and he won't be in when I can get there except Wednesday. As long as I have to go in I might as well workout. Weight training shouldn't be a problem except for some leg exercises that require foot movement. I'll have to see what I can do for cardio that won't hurt my foot.

I'm experimenting with eggs before bed instead of cottage cheese. Eggs have no calcium, the iron content of "Best of the Egg" is low, and there is zero iron in "All Whites." No calcium or iron at bedtime means I could take my thyroid meds before bed and be able to take iron supplements in the morning.

I'm also experimenting with a higher thyroid dose to see how I feel and taking 150mcg instead of 100. I think when I next see my doctor I will ask for 1 grain of Armour (60mg I believe), plus 50mcg of levothyroxine. I definitely have to take something with T3 because I don't appear to be converting. Hopefully Armour will do the trick for me.

I don't know when I will next weigh-in or even step on the scale. Five days of binging packed on a bunch of stomach fat so I look pretty horrible right now with a huge tummy. I'm back on plan, but starving myself with an average of around 1300 calories a day (sometimes more, sometimes less) only results in maintaining my weight. So I don't have a huge amount of confidence that this tummy fat will come off. The last time I binged for five days I put on 10 lbs. and most of it was FAT that did not come off once I got back on plan. That's why I'm afraid to get on the scale right now.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: