Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Weigh-in and a comment response

Calories eaten yesterday: 1118
Fat: 22g (17%)
Carbs: 88g (31%)
Protein: 149g (52%)
Weight this morning: 134.4
Calories burned in exercise today: 388

Yes, I finally weighed in. It's a scary number, but it's a starting point. Time to unaddict myself to carbs and go back to merely cheating on Saturday and not binging like I have been. I can't lose weight that way; I gain!

Went to the gym today. I did one hour of weight training and then 40 minutes of cardio - 30 minutes on the elliptical with arms, and then, because the balls of my feet were hurting on that machine, 10 more minutes on the crossramp elliptical.

I had an interesting blog response a couple days ago. The person asserted that carbs are essential to good brain function. Um...no they are not. The brain runs quite well on ketones - it's one organ that thrives on them. Ketones are used in place of glucose when glucose is insufficient. Just do a Google search on "brain ketones."

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Dentists Corpus Christi said...

Very informative post. There are many individuals like you who are health conscious. It is better this way than getting sick later on in life. Keep it up!