Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Bad bosses

Calories eaten yesterday: 1139
Fat: 19g (15%)
Carbs: 76g (28%)
Protein: 157g (57%)
Calories burned in exercise today: 175

stressed out about workBoss J had a talk with my today. He presented me with an official document for me to sign and that will go in my personnel file. It freaked me out so bad that I popped a couple Xanax to help calm me down. He said that all our previous e-mails about me asking about my performance, etc. are "unofficial," and that this document is not. This document will follow me around for the rest of my life and will never be purged.

It includes a stipulation to stay away from the Internet between 5 and 7 pm – a half hour longer than the Open Forum program that runs during that time. He wants to make good sure that nothing detracts from my attention a half hour before OF to the end. Unnecessary and punitive if you ask me. He just likes to impose excessive rules. Such is the nature of a boss such as J.

He backed off on his attitude in the e-mail exchanges and admitted he was getting contentious. He claimed he has nothing against me personally. Yeah right. That’s why he never asks me how I’m doing anymore or say "good night" when he leaves for the day like he used to. A cooler attitude like that means nothing at all, right? Ha! He may believe he has nothing against me or can be objective, but his actions speak for themselves.

I want to make a comment about a comment left on a post here re: negative calorie foods. The person gave an extensive list include such carby things as green beans and sugary fruits such as pineapple. There is no way on God's green earth that those things are negative calorie. It's a common list, but it has no science to back it up. The link I gave about celery being negative calorie included the science behind why it is. So if you read the comments and stumble up on that list, take it with a huge grain of salt.

Today I walked down to BART, did my bi-monthly mail run into the City, and then walked from my stop to work when I got back. I bought four large bottles of magnesium/potassium aspertate at GNC. I turned in the receipt to the health lady downstairs, L, and I will get 50% reimbursement for it. Tomorrow I hope to go to the gym.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should start looking for a new job? this job sounds like it's not worth the stress... i know the economy is bad, but the stress you are going through with this job is not healthy.

pendell said...

Soo ... what you're saying is, you need prayer? On it.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

pendell said...

Should add .. I agree with the previous poster. If it were me, I'd be job-hunting.

Not that you asked, and it is of course your life. May God walk with you wherever you go.

Respectfully,

Brian P.