Monday, June 08, 2009

Binges, blood, & busses

Calories eaten yesterday: 831
Fat: 15g (17%)
Carbs: 57g (29%)
Protein: 112g (55%)
Calories burned in exercise today: 362

I didn't update you yesterday on my weekend. As I said I planned to do, I took Thursday off. I did laundry and grocery shopped with Brad and vegged other than that.

Friday I binged. I walked down to Wendy's for a chocolate Frosty with the new toffee sprinkles. Yummy. Then I walked up to Subway for a sandwich, cookies, and a Diet Coke. When Brad came over we went to Applebee's for drinks; I also got their Mile High Ice Cream Pie which I have been wanting to try. Then we went to McDonald's for a mini meal (double cheeseburger meal and I got an iced coffee to drink), and Lourd's for a scoop of Rocky Road ice cream. We pay-per-viewed Hotel For Dogs.

giving blood at the Red CrossSaturday after church we went to the Red Cross so I could give blood. That went fine and then we went home and relaxed and pay-per-viewed The Day the Earth Stood Still. We went to 7-Eleven so I could have a hot dog and I decided on their hot dog meal combo. I also got a brownie since I have been craving one.

I'm thinking about how to approach my next doctor appointment. He's willing to put me on Armour and I'm willing to try it. I think I will ask for 1 1/2 grains (90mg), which is equivalent to 150mcg levothyroxine. 1 grain (60mg) is equivalent to 88mcg levo I believe, and I don't think that's a high enough dosage.

I put myself on 150mcg levo since my last blood tests, just to see how I feel and gauge if I need a higher dose or not. I want to ask for doctor for 1 1/2 grains, but taken in two pills - one 1/2 grain and one 1 grain. That way if 1 1/2 grains turns out to be too much for me than dropping back to 1 grain will be a simple matter. Of course, part of all this will matter on how I feel overall on 150mcg levo and how my blood tests on 100mcg come back.

Today I went to the gym and did one hour of weight training and 30 minutes on the elliptical. I felt quite strong on the weights. :) I walked from the BART station to work for extra calorie burn.

Bus fare is going up again. I saw the notice about a week ago, but today I finally saw what the new fare would be. It's going up another 25 cents, from $1.75 base fare to $2, plus the same 25 cents for a transfer. *sigh* It goes up July 1.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: