Tuesday, June 23, 2009

iPod charger and a scary incident

Calories eaten yesterday: 1173
Fat: 20g (15%)
Carbs: 84g (29%)
Protein: 162g (56%)
Calories burned in exercise today: 190

My new iPod charger came yesterday and I tried it out when I got home. It's a cheap, small little thing with an electrical plug on one side and a USB port on the other. Sure as heck cheaper than buying something similar from Apple! Apple no longer gives you a separate charger when you buy an iPod; they only ship a cord with a USB post and you upload and charge the iPod with the same cord, meaning you can only charge it with your computer around. Anyway, this little baby should do the trick!

Walked down to the BART station, went into the City to check my mail, then walked from my stop to work when I came back. I stopped at Pac N Save for salad on the way in. Tomorrow I hope to hit the gym again, though my butt is still sore from Monday's workout!

Scary thing that happened: I came home last night and my front door was open! I am sure that I locked it when I left yesterday. Nothing was missing and there were no other signs of anyone being in the house. Only Brad and I have keys and he says he didn't go over. The spare I hide on my desk was still there. Thank God (literally) that nothing was missing and that I am okay!

I called Colleen who works for the owner of the property and asked if someone who used to live there could still have a key and she told me Mr. Armstrong always changes the locks when a new tenant moves in. She even double checked with him and says yes, the locks were changed before I moved in.

So I am at a loss as the only explanation is that I failed to both fully close and lock the door when I left yesterday. When I came home Abby was out and Xena (having heard me coming up the street) was sitting in the doorway waiting for me. This is not the first time this has happened. Am I really that forgetful of something so important?

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

pendell said...

Hmm .. perhaps you've been under stress lately? I know that when I'm really upset or worried I sometimes just completely forget things and do things very like what you just described. Susan has the same problem.

Respectfully,

Brian P.