Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thyroid, & my iPod Touch

Calories eaten yesterday: 992
Fat: 19g (17%)
Carbs: 64g (26%)
Protein: 141g (57%)
Calories burned in exercise today: 348

Ok, new blood tests results are back. I was on 100mcg levothryroxine at the time. No weird dosing this time so I results are reliable. I also got my Vitamin D test back from LapCorp. I use Quest for everything else.

Quest Vitamin D 7/25/08: 39 (20-100)
LabCorp Vitamin D 5/29/09: 55.2 (32-100)
I have been taking 4400 IU a day and recently cut back to 3400 since it is summer now.

Thyroid panel:
Reverse T3: 19 (11-32)
TSH: 0.66
Free T3: 169 (230-420)
Free T4: 1.1 (0.8-1.8)

The Free T3 is still below range, but the Reverse T3 looks okay to me and well within range. I'm simply not converting T4 into T3, period. I see the doctor this Friday and expect to be put on Armour at that time. I'm going to ask for 90mg.

After my blood test I put myself on 150mcg levothyroxine and so far so good. I feel better, which is why I think the 90mg of Armour would be more appropriate that the 60mg the doc will probably want to give me.

My new iPod Touch is broken! On full volume I can barely hear it, never mind any noise around me. It's less than a month old and still covered under the phone support warranty, so I called Apple. They set my up with an appointment at an Apple store to have someone look at it. I will lose the engraving unless I send it in, but since the engraving was free when I bought it that's no big deal. The best appointment they could give me was Friday at 6 pm.

Today I went to the gym and did my usual - one hour of weight training followed my 30 minutes cardio. I did the elliptical since it doesn't hurt my foot. Yes, my foot still hurts, but it's better than it was. I walked to work from my train stop for another 30 minutes of exercise.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: