Thursday, October 08, 2009

All moved in!

Mini binge yesterday. :(
Weight this morning: 135.6 (up four pounds since yesterday)
Calories burned in exercise today: 277

Brad is officially moved in! He got his stuff from Nicole's trailer yesterday and so if officially at my house. He's not holding up half the rent or anything. Right now I am demanding $100 a month plus half the utilities. He still owes me $50 for the water bill. So far he hasn't given me one dime toward anything.

To those who think men and women shouldn't live together, perhaps I should explain a bit about the housing situation in this area. Where I live people share living quarters all the time.

Up until I got my own place six years ago I always shared housing arrangements, often with men. It's just the way things are done around here, out of necessity.

Do you know what my rent is every month? Keep in mind that I live in a tiny shoebox apartment. I fork out $725 a month - for a shoebox! That's the going rate around here. After I left my last apartment they re-rented that (also a studio apartment) for $800!

Everyone who knows Brad and I knows we aren't doing anything. Just about everybody thinks we should live together to cut down on expenses - my family and even the people at church.

I also live in a very bad area. In the last six years I have been robbed at gunpoint, had my purse snatched, and had my iPod Touch stolen ($300). My apartment has bars on the back now after another unit was broken into. Welcome to where I live.

Having Brad around probably prevented my apartment from being broken into. A guy was trying to "case" my apartment (a single female is an easy mark), but backed off when Brad came to the door. If the people in the neighborhood think we are an item, all the better. I don't need to be messed with. And if Brad ever gets my ring back from the jewelers I'll look like I'm married to him.

Now for some fun stuff. I found some old photos of me and had them scanned. Click on the photo to see them in a larger size. The first one is me backpacking in Yosemite in 1989. I was 18. The second photo is my senior high school yearbook photo, taken when I was 17. It's hard to believe these were taken 20 years ago!

backpacking in Yosemite high school yearbook photo



Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And if Brad ever gets my ring back from the jewelers I'll look like I'm married to him."

Now this is a really silly question ... why not marry him? He obviously likes you and fills the emotional place of a spouse, even if you aren't physically "together".

I don't know enough about this plan to oppose or support it. I'm glad that your family and fellow church people are understanding and supportive. I can well see why this step may be necessary.

My one concern is ... I hope that your *mutual employer* is as understanding as your family and church are. If not ... there could be some trouble on that front.

Susan and I lived in Modesto, and it is because we were about to move in together that I proposed marriage to her -- I knew I was not made of the stuff Brad is made of! We've been together 15 years.

Doesn't Brad have kids? Or are they all grown up now?

I wish you well with this. I understand about rent and about crime -- haven't you been robbed twice?

God bless!

Anonymous said...

PS. I'm having trouble accessing my google account. The preceding comment and this one are by me, Brian Pendell.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Anonymous said...

third comment.

I have just read a little further down and now see why marriage is not a viable option -- at the present time. I personally hope he changes his mind at some point. So sue me :).

In any case, I well understand why this step is necessary and wish you well.

Respectfully,

Brian Pendell

Anonymous said...

I'm not religious, so that's not an obstacle for me in terms of roommates. I have a lot of respect for your church for understanding that sometimes living together is the best option. I have friends who are engaged who can't get the same approval from their church, and it's a huge and unnecessary financial strain.

Unknown said...

1) He's NOT married. Try reading my blog before making stupid comments.

2) We are NOT having sex or even romantically involved. Again, try reading my blog before making comments that show you haven't.

Unknown said...

Brian,

Actually, I've been robbed three times now; I had my iPod Touch snatched as I walked down a street several months ago. :-p Before than my wallet was stolen at gunpoint and my purse snatched. Lovely city I live in, eh?

Anonymous said...

Get a dog, problem solved.

Unknown said...

Why would I want a dog? They take so much upkeep and my apartment doesn't allow them anyway. I have two cats - much easier to care for. :)