Monday, October 26, 2009

The Gym, the Bulb, and Fun at Work

Calories eaten yesterday: 972
Fat: 15g (15%)
Carbs: 77g (35%)
Protein: 109g (51%)
Weight this morning: 132.4
Calories burned in exercise today: 388

I finally made it to the gym today - first time in about 10 days. I'm feeling much better, having fought off whatever crud is going around at work right now.

I did an hour of weight training and 40 minutes on one of the newer ellipticals. I topped it all off by walking into work from the train station (30 minutes).

I was too tired to go into the City and check my mail last week; hopefully I can do that tomorrow.

I found the name of the place Brad and I found on Saturday. It's in Albany and it's called The Bulb. There are quite a lot of photos on Flickr. Eventually mine will be added. :)

Stuff is getting fun at work again. Christmas Day falls on a Friday this year and S. wants the day off to see her family. She says she only gets to see them once a year. Um...I work every Christmas and I haven't complained. I think I might have asked for one Christmas off (maybe!) and maybe two Thanksgivings in the 10 years I've worked here. Any other Christmases I've had off was only because it fell on one of my days off. I work every Thanksgiving because it's always on a Thursday and that's a regular work day for me. I don't complain and I make the best of it.

Why can't S. fly out to see her family the week before or after Christmas and celebrate Christmas then? I'm seeing my mom and her husband for Christmas right after Thanksgiving. I'm sure it can be worked out.

I have to work Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve this year. It's a rare Christmas Day that I get off and I'm not giving it up because one of our part-time workers decides she deserves it off more than the rest of us. Um...no. We all have to work holidays. It's the nature of our work here. I work holidays and the part-timers have to pull their weight too.

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , ,

No comments: