Sunday, November 08, 2009

Atkins Diet, Day 1!

I'm starting over. I have gotten way off track and am binging frequently. It's time to get unaddicted from sugar again. I started NutriSystem in March of 2007 (this post links to that one). Now it's time to begin again, this time with a low-carb diet.

Last week's Tuesday binge was a wake up call for me - it's time for a change! I need a new start with a more Atkins-style diet. I tried to give it a test run last week after my binge, but I just continued to binge. However, I've done a lot of meal planning to try to make this work. So now it is time to do it.


Original start weight in 2004: 206
Start for this round: 140.2
Total loss since I began dieting and exercising in 2004: -65.8

Ok, now to catch up on other stats.

Calories burned in exercise Thursday: 146
Calories burned in exercise Friday: 0
Calories burned in exercise Saturday: 0
Calories burned in exercise today: 0

Today I am restarting the Atkins diet - sort of. My carbs aren't any lower, at least for now. I have some carby salads that I need to use up fast as they are already starting to go bad. After that is gone I'll have less carby salads.

Also, for the next three days I am drinking Kombucha which adds 14g carbs to my menu. Kombucha is a good detox and a good start to any diet. I have a lot to detox from! It's the healthiest 14 carbs you'll ever drink. I wish I had the money to drink it daily.

I also need more of the liquid iron than I have been taking. This adds 5g of carbs a day, five days a week. It can't be helped as this is more effective than iron pills (of course I take the pills too).

I have been off my old diet for days. I ate as I pleased Thursday-Saturday with some all out binging tossed in for good measure. :-p

Today is the first day of my new life! I will break this sugar addiction and lose this excess weight!

The weekend:
Friday Brad and I went to Costco, WalMart, Petco (for fish food), Safeway, and Trader Joe's. I bought Atkins-friendly foods: whole chicken, cheese sticks, Greek yogurt, salad, and broccoli.

Saturday after church we went to the Red Cross so I could donate blood. The minimum hemoglobin level to donate is 12.6%. I came in at 12.5%. This is why I need to take more of the liquid iron. With the liquid iron I can at least get the minimum daily value for iron in my diet.

After giving blood we went to Applebee's. I had my payday Mochatinis and a glass of wine. Brad had a salad, cheese sticks, and beer. We had dinner at McDonald's and I ate lots of other bad foods that day. I'll spare you all the play-by-play, but donuts, cookies, hot dogs, and cheeseburgers were included.

Now the binging is out of my system and I am ready to start fresh!

Brad and I slept in this morning, something we both needed. Tomorrow I hope to hit the gym. I only made it to the gym once last week due to the overtime I pulled. Maybe now I can get back into a rhythm again.

No comments: