Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The craziness before Thanksgiving!

Calories eaten yesterday: 1148
Fat: 37g (33%)
Carbs: 80g (31%)
Protein: 97g (36%)
Weight this morning: 134
Calories burned in exercise today: 96

I want to get to the 120s so bad! Why can't I lose a single ounce?!?

I decided not to go to the gym today. I did laundry, which will give me Thursday to pack. I walked to the laundromat and back and that was it for exercise. I was running late so I didn't have time to do more walking. I took the bus to the train station, hopped a bus to Alameda and stopped at Trader Joe's for more Greek yogurt before continuing in to work.

Tomorrow I hope to sleep in and pack a but more for my trip. Brad will pick me up around 1 or so and bring me to work and we will have a little Thanksgiving here. Then he has to go to his ex-wife's and have Thanksgiving there. I'll be getting off a couple hours early (around 9 pm) so I can get a couple hours sleep before catching my early AM flight.

I called Dad to say hi and all he could talk about was the van. April called me to get on my case about not telling her when Brad gives me money for the car, and mentioned that all Dad talks about to her is the van. It's not really about the van. It's a classic psychological scenario - the van stands for power and control. He feels he has no control over his life and refuses to accept his current situation. Having the van - even though he can't drive and his caregiver doesn't drive - is his way of feeling in control of his life.

I've been asking Brad to bring my lunch and dinner into work when he comes in in the morning; he's living with me so it just makes sense and saved me having to haul it. It's simple - I prepare a bag and all he has to do is take it to work and stick it in the fridge. But it's not simple for him.

Earlier this week the chicken I had packed fell out of the bag on the drive and remained in the car all day. I discovered it was missing just before he left. Today he left the whole bag in the car all day, making everything warm. Gee thanks.

Things are crazy busy with Thanksgiving and my trip coming up. I cashed in a day of vacation time but didn't get the check until today. I tried signing it over to Brad, but his bank wouldn't take it. He deposited it in my bank and now I have to get the money out of an ATM - either have Brad do it tonight (give him my card and PIN), or do it before I fly out tomorrow.

No comments: