Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ketosis

Calories eaten yesterday: 1390
Fat: 42g (29%)
Carbs: 57g (18%)
Protein: 169g (53%)
Weight this morning: 133.4
Calories burned in exercise today: 388

Went to the gym this morning. I did an hour of weight training, plus 40 minutes on one of the newer ellipticals. It wasn't very crowded because it's a holiday and this gym services the people who work in the downtown area.

Tomorrow is laundry. Bleh.

It takes most people two full days (48 hours) to burn through liver glycogen and get into ketosis (fat burning), which initially gives you carb cravings. With my slow metabolism I hit that point today (three full days). I am hungry and craving. So far I have avoided eating even one bite of a cracker, cookie, fry, etc. And trust me, that sort of thing abounds around here!

I'm worried I won't lose any weight because my calories are higher than before. At least my fat is up. I was eating 20g a day and that's not healthy, and hopefully that's the reason I couldn't lose. I'm up to 30-40g a day now - still low, but an improvement for me. Baby steps and all that. :)

I'm planning on picking up fattier stuff this week when I go grocery shopping, such as sardines and whole eggs.

No comments: