Sunday, April 10, 2005

Blue hair, take 3, and other stuff

Whew. Last week was the week from hell. By the time Friday afternoon rolled around I'd had it. I needed comfort food. I came all the way out to where I work for the burger joint next door. They forgot to put cheese on my burger - bleh. And all I'd had all day was a meal bar. So I was so huingry I virtually inhaled the food and didn't really enjoy it. Bleh again.

Then I went to Carrow's and had a glass of wine and a huge piece of the "Mile High" chocolate cake. I couldn't finish it all, so I took it home with me and ate it later that night, after warming it in the microwave - yum!

Saturday I did only so-so. I discovered last time corn dogs were served at the potluck that they are a weakness of mine. So I had one. Then I had some of Jane's salad with the apples and cranberries. I also brought along a turkey sandwich on low carb bread and ate that. I brought a low carb candy bar along for dessert while everyone else had little packets of Easter candy. I had two cups of iced tea (unsweetened and then I added Stevia) and one cup of water. Usually one cup of iced tea is enough, so I know it's the carb making me retain water.

At home I had some of the Keto dark chocolate ice cream. Not sure how much I had but not a lot. I also had a bag of microwave popcorn, a beer, and two glasses of wine (3 drinks total, spread out over the evening).

Today I'm back on track. My glycogen stores are full, so I had tons of energy. I went to the Bayfair 24 Hour fitness, did 20 minutes on the pedal type stairmaster, then slowly swam laps for a total of an hour, with some hot tubbing mixed in. It stripped the color from my hair! I'm so upset! Only the top of my head is blue anymore. :(

No comments: