Thursday, April 07, 2005

New low - 154.1!

I can't believe it! I've lost 3 pounds in 2 days (I always do right after my period), so my new post-period low is 154.1! I am only about 4 pounds away from my goal! So I'm thinking about 2 more months to get where I want to be. I'm down 2 pounds from yesterday. Yesterday I was 156. Today I am 154.1! I am so thrilled! I feel great! :)

After I reach my goal weight I need to eat more calories, more protein, and focus on weight training more. I'm still overfat even if I'm not overweight, so I need to work on that. :)

On the downside I can feel a binge coming on real soon. Not sure when I'll fail but it came on real strong yesterday and I know I can only hold it off so long. I usually gain 2-3 pounds of water weight that it takes me a week to lose.

On the up side I am now so low that I think I am safely out of the 160s even if I binge. :)

Gosh, I'm just so pleased! How can I love a diet so much that I can stick with it? And lose weight without starving myself on a low calorie diet?

Except for one day, my carbs have been under 50g a day, with one other day at 51g. I know I need more carbs for my gym workout. It's just so easy to keep them low and tempting because I know I retain less water when I lower the carbs. But I do need more carbs when I work out.

I'm pressing myself to run faster. I can now do 4.5 mph by loping, so I'm pushing myself to run at 5 mph. So far I can only do short distances. But the big race is only 5 weeks away! (Gosh, I hope I get my runner's packet soon.) Dangit, somehow I MUST complete the course in 1:36. I must. But in order to do that I have to be able to run 2 miles without stopping. My goal is to make it to the foot of the one major hill before slowing to a walk. The hill is just over 2 miles in and I've never quite made it, though I came close one year. (That was several years ago when I worked on my feet. I may have been 20 pounds overweight, but I was in excellent shape, and could run 2 miles without slowing to a walk. THAT is the record I want to break. I only race myself and no one else.)

No comments: