Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Dr. appointment

Ok, let's see. Had the doctor's appointment today. I've lost 8 pounds since my last appointment 3 months ago. :-p Bleh. The doctor confirmed I had a medium bone sturcture. He's not concerned about my weight because 10 pounds overweight (I'm a little more than that, but not by much) is nothing. Blood pressure was 100/60.

I asked for Ativan to take "as needed" for anxiety. He gave me a 'script for Xanax instead. I can't get it in Canada, but it is fairly cheap here in the US. He gave me the 0.25mg (lowest dose) kind. 30 pills, with one refill. I'm sure that will be plenty unless I end up having to take more than one pill at a time. There are just those really bad days when I could use something. It's not something I'll take every day.

And my doctor told me he's leaving in July. I have an appointment to see him one last time the end of June. Why do all the good doctors leave? He's moving south to work for Kaiser. Now I have to find a new doc.

My appointment today included an ear cleaning, so it was nearly $200 total! :-p

I told him that it's been almost a year since my last cholesterol test and that I wanted to get a paper to have it done the next time I saw him. He said that he'd give me the paper now, I could have it done shortly before my next appointment, and then we could discuss at that appointment. He wrote me down for a complete metabolic panel and cholesterol.

I meant to ask him about the diet pills, but forgot to take the bottle with me.

No comments: