Monday, April 11, 2005

Blue hair, take 4, and other stuff

Lesse. After having the chlorine in the pool water strip the blue from my hair, I decided to have it cut today. Everything that had stuck out of the cap looked just horrible. Light brown, light green, a couple streaks of blue still. And the ends looked all split and frizzed and it was just awful. Still, I winced when she cut off the entire ponytail before proceeding to more delicate work. I got to take the ponytail with me.

So now I have short blue hair down to about my chin. Should be easier to color now.

Did good eating yesterday except I had one too many glasses of wine. But I still came in way under on calories. Just wasn't hungry until it was nearly bedtime.

A box of low carb stuff I'd ordered came today, includuing the delicious Mini Carb chocolate bars with 12g of fat and no sugar alcohols. Also two boxes of low carb pizza crust mix, one box of chocolate coconut Advantage bars (on sale), 4 canisters of Keto pudding (on sale), Russell Stover chocolate covered peanuts, and a canister of white chocolate drink mix. Oh, and one peanut butter granola bar (Advantage). I've never tried it, though the gronola is not usually that filling, so I generally stay away from those.

At Old Navy I bought a pair of size 8 jeans, relaxed fit ($20!!!). Then I bought a shirt missing one shoulder (it cuts across the chest and goes under the right arm). I fit a medium in that! Then I had to buy a bikini top (they sell separates) to wear under the shirt. You won't catch me wearing that bikini top in public - it doesn't cover anything, especially with my huge chest! But I think it will make a nice top for lounging at home on hot summer days. My apartment is on the top floor and is unbearably hot in the summer. I don't know how the cats handle it.

Then I went to Walgreens and got tarnish remover for my ring (my ring tarnished when I swam with it). Also color retention shampoo and a thermal lunch box big enough for my big Glad bowl.

So I now have short hair. Pictures forthcoming at some point. I haven't have short hair in years.

No comments: