Monday, April 25, 2005

Unclear on the concept...

What is it with people "doing Atkins" who've never read the book and have no clue how to do the diet? True story, from the Weight Loss forum:

K there is this lady at work who is making my head spin. She is "on Atkins" and yet every break I cringe. I mean I am the first to say GREAT to those on Atkins comitting to it but if you are "on" a diet you aren't even adhering to then what's the point!!!???

She will order her special Atkins burger just a plain double cheeseburger no bun. Fine great. Then say "and a small banana shake small fry and gimme one of those chocolate brownies." THEN she says "I better watch out I only get 30 carbs a day." I assume she thinks noone is familiar with the program. I just smile and cash her out but inside I want to scream. She is WAY over her carbs for the day on just the shake right??? Argh....

Then she complains about how she isn't losing any weight.

---

Does this woman truly not know what a carbohydrate is? Is buying a paperback book and reading it too much trouble?

I also hear stuff over and over about how unhealthy Atkins is...the high fat will clog your arteries and send your cholesterol through the roof. It doesn't matter to them that every single study that's done supports Dr. Atkins' contention that his diet lowers cholesterol. At last check my cholesterol was 151, LDL 98, and HDL 45. My triglicerides were a rock bottom 38. Hmmm, maybe fat isn't the problem.

Here's some common myths about Atkins.

No comments: