Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Argh!!!!!!

1 day cheat freeBack onto Atkins today and doing good so far. Total carbs should come in under 45. I wanted to get my carbs down further by eating lots of eggs, but after yesterday's cholesterol results, I tossed out those plans. Argh!

Made it to the gym and did about 30 minutes of weight training. My extra body weight (I am probably about 10 pounds heavier from eating high carb) made exercises such as the weight assisted chin-up much more difficult. I can't wait to get this extra weight off! I did 50 minutes on the treadclimber - great fun and a great workout. FitDay says 320 calories burned.

I'm so bloated from all the carbs I've eaten. I look at myself is the mirror and everything is puffier. I hardly have a waist anymore, and my belly hangs down more than usual. I hate this. Argh! I feel so much better low-carbing.

I need to remember this when tempted with all the desserts at Conference this year. I also need to find the gym and track and make sure to work out in my spare time. This is, of course, assuming my roommate doesn't snore (most woman do, it seems) and keep me awake. Out of four roommates in four year, only one didn't snore.

I was only a little sore yesterday after my 5 mile treadmill run on Sunday. I'm also a little sore today, but only a little. It's just a matter of getting my body used to the intensity and length.

I lost my pedometer today! Amazon won't let me use PayPal, my checking account number is at home, and I don't have my new debit card yet. So I couldn't even buy a new one. I did bid on a couple on ebay, though, so we'll see where that goes.

I checked with the lost and found at the front desk of the health club (I lost it at the club), but no one had turned it in, which means someone stole it. God, I hate thieves! What is it with my getting ripped off so much lately?! Argh!

And then when I get to work there is am e-mail from my boss Jon saying that the three weeks notice I gave for my vacation (and I have to find my own replacements) isn't enough. He chides me for pushing the deadline when the deadline is three weeks off, and gives a veiled threat that I might not be able to go?!? What is he smoking?! Argh!

I don't need all this stress and I really hate thieves and people who like to get angry for no reason at all, or worse - like Charlie Menut yesterday - go off on me when I can't even fit the problem. I actually had to hold the phone away from my ear and just let him talk to the air for a while. Now I know what Lisa has been going through. She's complained to me before that he yells at her for stuff, and now I've had the displeasure of being on the receiving end. Argh!

I'm tired today and I don't know if it's the lack of carbs because my body is in a carb burning metabolism right now, or if it's just that I worked out so long at the gym. I got a low-carb energy drink to help perk me up - 6g of sugar and lots of vitamins and herbs and caffeine. My favorite is Diet Rock Star, but today I had to settle for Low-Carb Monster. Argh!

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Though all fail His mercy Endures forever. May you come through this temporary trial and endure to His glory.

You are moving on your plan again. Good job!! You are working to restore the Atkins way of eating. I believe you'll do it well. Look ahead now and not behind.

Let me know how your test on Insulin resistance went. OK. Hope it turns out well. Though I suspect it will. =-)

Inspirations like you are a rare commodity in this time. Many do accomplish their goals as they look at your success. Hang in there.