Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Independence Day Red, White, and Blues

Happy July 4th everyone!

patriotic pinWeight: 141.2
Calories eaten yesterday: 1646
Calories burned: 1932
Deficit: 286 calories
Carbs: 50g (okay)
Fat: 71g (a bit low, even for the number of calories)
Calories burned in exercise: 89

Up 0.2 today. Why can't I lose? If this keeps up much longer I'll binge out of sheer frustration. At least I'm back to double digits with the cheat free days.

Talked to Helen today and described my extremely sleepy feelings after binging on carbs last Thanksgiving. She said it sounded like high blood sugar (she has diabetes and so knows this sort of thing), and with the history in my family, she said I should ask my doctor about glucose tolerance test to be sure that I'm not hypoglycemic or something.

I'm not due to see my doctor for a long time, but it's something to file away as "Maybe something to do in the future." It couldn't hurt, right? At most, including everything, I might lose about three weeks worth of dieting work. I know I have to carb up before the test, eating lots of carbs for a few days before to switch my body back to a primarily carb burning mode. It'll wreak havoc with my weight for quite a while, but it'll just be water. I'll just have to put the scale away for several weeks.

No exercise today due to my meeting with Helen, but I did wrack up 11 minutes walking up the hill and another 27 minutes walking the last leg to work. FitDay says 112 calories. At least that's something.

10 days cheat free

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: