Sunday, July 23, 2006

Eighth weekend

6 days cheat freeCalories eaten yesterday: 1951
Calories burned: 1956
Carbs: 62g (too high)
Fat: 73g
Calories burned in exercise: 137

Tomorrow would be the week 8 weigh-in if I weren't staying away from my scale. But I am for now. I still have a lot to lose before I will be comfortable with that blasted thing in plain site. For now, it's home is a shelf in the walk-in closet where I don't have it staring at me every day, taunting my fatness.

Raging hot today, but I made it to the gym. Did weights and then cardio. I used the new treadclimber for 30 minutes. Woohoo, that thing is fun, but HARD! Made me sweat like a pig. Then walked for 20 minutes on the treadmill. That felt weird after using the treadclimber. FitDay says I burned 265 calories.

How would you like a mini tour of my apartment? I may take more pictures, but here's a picture of my cat, taken from my bed, and you can see part of the apartment in the background.

Abby on my bed, apartment in background

If you click on the photo it will take you to the full size Flickr photo with explanatory notes. Briefly, I live in a decent sized studio apartment (studio means zero bedrooms). I'm sitting on the bed. You can see my computer on the table and my TV next to it. Above the computer are two pictures of me when fat, to remind myself not to go there again. The bright light on the left is the open front door because it's hot and I don't have air conditioning. To the left of the front door is the vanity and walk-in closet, both of which I use for storage. To the right of the front door is the bathroom. Off to my left (out of the picture) is the kitchen. Ahead and to my left (also out of the picture), is the linen closet, which is where I actually put my clothes. Near the TV are some stacked plastic bins for stuff that doesn't go on hangers (underwear, jeans, etc.) (also not in the picture).

Dad sent me some money, so I'm doing okay in that department. I hope to deposit his check in savings and be able to start saving toward next year's vacation and Xena's vet costs. She's due in soon for her annual exam and a couple shots.

One thing I really need is a pair of bicycle pants. Mine are sprouting holes in the thighs. I need to hit WalMart and perhaps Sears. I also need a nice looking pink tank top to wear with my black and pink skirt. The only thing that "goes" with that skirt right now is a long-sleeved winter shirt. I saw a couple of tank tops at 24 Hour Fitness today that I liked, but I didn't have time to try them on.

Please check out my Flickr site. Now that I have a cell phone camera I'm taking a lot more pictures. :)

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: