Monday, December 17, 2007

Week 40, Day 2

Calories eaten yesterday: 1067
Fat: 29g (25%)
Carbs: 65g (24%)
Protein: 130g (49%)

Weight this morning: 138.2 (One week ago: 136.2)
Calories burned in exercise today: 365

Had to work overtime yesterday, so I did Sunday's workout today. 1 hour of weight training, upper body. I'm not quite back to 100% from giving blood and I have a headache - probably from coming down off the carb binge - but I did my best.

Cardio was a 1/2 hour on the Treadclimber. Then I had my protein shake and carb serving and walked to work for a little extra exercise to offset all the off plan days.

Tomorrow will be semi-off plan, though I will try my best to be good. I have a Christmas staff dinner for work at Applebee's. I know what I will order and it will be NS- and Atkins-friendly, but I don't know how the rest of the day will go.

My heart rate monitor arrived today. The monitor needed new batteries. I got someone at work to replace it (it needs someone with jeweler's experience to do it). It takes the same batteries as my pedometer and food scale and I carry a spare in case my pedometer dies so I had one ready to put in. I followed the instructions to set the receiver and then moistened the conducting pads on the transmitter with a little water and secured it under my bra. Lo and behold the little heart started blinking and pretty soon a heart rate came up. I can't wait to try this out at the gym tomorrow!

My 2008 calendars also came today - one about cats and one with a Bible verse a day.

I also received two more of the music CDs I ordered, but I can't get them onto my computer right now because my CD drive is broken (I want to get the music onto my iPod). Buying a new computer is something I am saving towards, but I want a certain really nice Mac that is going to cost big bucks. My friend is going to see if we can put the music on his Mac, compress it, and e-mail it to my computer.

I'm getting ready to buy a new digital camera with my Christmas money. Anyone know about the FujiFilm FinePix S700? WalMart has it for $210 and Amazon.com has it for $166, and it looks like it might be a good camera. My current camera is 6 years old, so it is time for a new one. The current one is also FujiFilm - a FinePix A101 (photo) and it still takes photos. The digital zoom on it broke, but other than that it is okay.

Here's some photos that I didn't get uploaded yesterday. Click to enlarge.

Friday
egg nog shake

Saturday
Day 26 - Hor'dourves dessert - pies, fudge, and brownies

Sunday
Day 27 - overtime blues

Technorati tagged: , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

Amy Dungan said...

Hi Victoria! I haven't had any experience with the Fujifilm, but I have used an Olympus my husband has for work. It's a small digital and runs just over $100 last I checked, but takes really good pics! (I'll find out the exact name if you are interested in hearing more.) I have the Sony DSC-H2 and it's awesome. We paid over $400 for it last Christmas, but since the newer models have come out they have dropped in price.
I have several photography mags that review cameras. I'll see if I can't find info on the fujifilm and get back with ya on what they say about it.